Sunday, June 27, 2010

L'As du Falafel. Le Marais.


L’As du Falafel. As good as the guidebook said it would be. A falafel joint located at 34 rue des Rosiers offers take-out and eat-in dining. I arrived at 11:00 a.m., starving after two hours following a walking tour in the Marais. My falafel arrived piping hot and overflowing with vegetables and sauce. I never had a falafel with shredded red cabbage, but I loved it. I sat comfortably on one of the chairs outside (no tables, I am afraid) with two napkins instead of one (bright yellow may I add). I couldn’t be happier and all for 5 Euros. Best falafel I have ever eaten. There are several falafel restaurants on Rue des Rosiers. I may have to sample them all!

3 comments:

  1. The photograph invoked my imagination. I tasted the garlic and diced tomatoes without even being there. Well written.

    La photographie appelé mon imagination. Je goûté l'ail et coupées en dés de tomates sans même être il

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I went there last weekend with our classmate Chie, and it was GOOD! my mouth is watering just by the idea of eating another one now... this terrific feeling probably has to do with the fact I only had a very very very late breakfast!
    Fernando

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today we dodged the rain and sat inside L'as Du Fallafel for the best falafel I've had...ever. The salad was fresh and tasty. The falafel was crispy and piping hot. Not dry. Have a beer and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete